Nau mai, Haere Mai
Meet The School Board
- Every student at the school can reach the highest possible standard in educational achievement
- The school is a physically and emotionally safe place for all students and staff
- The school is inclusive of students of differing needs
- The school gives effect to Te Tiriti o Waitangi
- Set the strategic direction and long-term plans for our school in consultation with the school community
- Monitor the Board’s progress against our Strategic Goals
- Monitor and evaluate student progress and achievement
- Oversee the management of staff, property, finances, curriculum and administration
- Ensure that government priorities are met
- Fulfil the intent of the Treaty of Waitangi by valuing and reflecting New Zealand’s dual cultural heritage
- Appoint and support the Principal and assess their performance.
- Act as good employers to all staff at our school.
Below you can see our 2022 Governance Guide which outlines our working plan for the year.
You can also find Sumner School’s 2022 Charter which contains our Strategic and Annual Plan for 2022.
Please click on the tab to view or download the documents:
Equal Employment Opportunities (EEO) Statement
- Shows commitment to equal opportunities in all aspects of employment including recruitment, training, promotion, and conditions of service
- Recognises the value of attracting people from all possible sources of talent
- Selects the person most suited to the position in terms of skills, experience, qualifications, and aptitude
- Recognises the value of diversity in staffing (for example, ethnicity, age, gender, disability, hours of work, etc.) and the employment requirements of diverse individuals/groups
- Ensures that employment and personnel practices are fair and free of any bias